Seeing as how tomorrow is Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday!), I thought it would be fitting to take a moment and reflect on all the things I am thankful for.
1. My brand new husband. What can I say, he's the best!
2. My wonderful family. I wouldn't be who I am without their influences.
3. My wonderful new family. Looking forward to spending my first holiday with my in-laws, whom I love!
4. My fabulous friends. They are scattered all over the world, from Chicago to Tennessee to NYC to North Carolina to Washington DC to Michigan to California to CHILE! Even though they are so far away, I think about them all the time and value their friendship tremendously.
5. My job. I love what I do, and am so thankful that I happened upon such a great job so easily!
6. Our dog, Oscar. I can't help that we have the cutest dog ever.
Perhaps not as serious, but I'm also thankful for...
1. Motherbear's Pizza in Bloomington. Delish deep dish!
2. Crateandbarrel.com. I have had a love-love relationship with this website ever since we first registered at Crate and Barrel. I can't help it...I could stare at their pages of flatware and holiday plates for hours!
3. Google Reader. I discovered the google reader in September, and ever since have spent time compiling all my favorite blogs on one webpage. Love it!
4. Yamazato Sushi and Spice in Alexandria. We may be more than a 20 minute drive away now, but I still have a soft spot in my heart for the restaurant where Matt and I had our first date, got engaged, and celebrated every birthday/holiday/occasion in between.
The list could go on and on for forever, but you don't really want to read that, do you? That's all for now. Stay tuned for a recap of my first Thanksgiving with my in-laws (and I'm actually cooking some stuff!), and...oh yeah, the wedding and the honeymoon!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Well, I'm back! It's been just about a month since I've blogged, and in that time...Matt and I finally got married! And went on a killer honeymoon to Costa Rica. We just got back to our apartment last night, and have been trying to unpack, reorganize, etc.
We were so happy with the wedding! It was an amazing, incredible and perfect weekend. And now, life is finally back to normal for the first time in eight months. Yay!
I won't post much today, as I'm about to go in the kitchen and use several of my new fun kitchen machines and utensils to make Matt some cookies...but just wanted to let you know that I'm back, post-Smith!