Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This is why I do this.

Today's quote of the day made me tear up. This time, it's something a student said to me.

You're such a good person. You're one of the best people I know. And if I had been surrounded by more people like you when I was growing up, I think my life would have been so different.

I think this is possibly the best, sweetest, and simultaneously saddest compliment I have ever received.

And being that person in this teenage boy's life? That's why I do this.


6 comments:

Jackie said...

AWWWWWWW. Love!

IrishPrincess said...

reading that just gave me goosebumps.
the good kind. :)

jenn said...

OMG - i just teared up and it wasn't even about me. you're right though - that is equal parts sweet and sad. thank goodness there are people like you who do what you do.

Eric's Mommy said...

That is SO SO sweet!

brown eyed girl said...

Good kid. I hope he can carry that in his heart and know he can become the person he wants to become.

Love it.

d.a.r. said...

Love love love.