Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This is why I do this.

Today's quote of the day made me tear up. This time, it's something a student said to me.

You're such a good person. You're one of the best people I know. And if I had been surrounded by more people like you when I was growing up, I think my life would have been so different.

I think this is possibly the best, sweetest, and simultaneously saddest compliment I have ever received.

And being that person in this teenage boy's life? That's why I do this.


6 comments:

Jackie said...

AWWWWWWW. Love!

Irish Princess said...

reading that just gave me goosebumps.
the good kind. :)

jenn said...

OMG - i just teared up and it wasn't even about me. you're right though - that is equal parts sweet and sad. thank goodness there are people like you who do what you do.

Cynthia said...

That is SO SO sweet!

Anonymous said...

Good kid. I hope he can carry that in his heart and know he can become the person he wants to become.

Love it.

d.a.r. said...

Love love love.