Wednesday, May 25, 2011

History of a Blog Friend

I started blogging back in 2008, before I realized that blogging - and the friends I would make through blogging - would be such a huge part of my life. The next year, on a roadtrip down south with Lisa, I managed to be in Nashville at the same time as Jenny from Lucky in Love.

July 2009

We had a great time eating pancakes and hanging out, and I thought ... wow, it's pretty fun to meet a blog friend!

So I did it a few more times. In February 2010, to help celebrate my 28th birthday while Matt was deployed, we had a little blog weekend in Chicago.
... then, in July 2010, I went up to Canada to visit Lucy, and Jenny came too. Here we are, very shiny, at a Brazilian barbeque place. Delish. Jenny was relatively newly pregnant at that time while Lindsay was nearing the end of her pregnancy, and we had a lot of fun thinking about the blog babies that would be born soon.
Fast forward to two weekends ago. The place? My apartment in Bloomington. Jenny, her husband, and their beautiful baby girl Natalie came to visit for an afternoon and we had SUCH a fabulous time. It seems like blog friends get to a point where they're not blog friends anymore.

They're just friends.

3 comments:

Lucky in Love said...

This gave me a tear.

One because my face used to be skinny before I got pregnant.

But mostly because I feel exactly the same way. I told Matt when we were leaving that I wished you lived next door.

And can I just add that I am in LOVE with your husband. I think my Matt and your Matt could be besties :) And that makes me smile.

FYI we will be visiting again soon. Because I want to spend more time with you.

And eat more pizza.

Lucy Marie said...

This made me cry. Because I miss you girls so much. And I love you. And I'm jealous that you got to see each other.

d.a.r. said...

This is just so amazingly sweet. I am so glad you two have each other and are friends--what a true blessing!