Thursday, February 4, 2010

Awkward

Hi friends! Yes, I'm still alive. No, I don't really feel like blogging still. Just can't shake this funk. But I thought I'd share a funny, awkward moment from my day today.

Background information: I have a big, long, black puffy winter coat like 98% of all women. However, mine has a defective zipper that always gets stuck at the bottom. Half the time I just step in and out of my coat like a small child. One of Matt's husbandly duties involves fixing my zipper regularly. He tells me to "just pull on it" but I am never successful.

So anyway, my zipper got stuck again yesterday so I've been stepping in and out of my coat. Which I usually don't care about, since I'm in the privacy of my apartment or my office. But today, I was at a training. Slightly embarrassing. At the end of the day, as I'm stepping into my coat in front of a room full of my professional peers, I loudly proclaimed "See, this is the problem with my husband being gone. Matt is the only person who can really rip open my zippers!" *cricket, cricket*

No sooner had it exited my mouth than I realized what it sounded like. Hahaha. My coworkers burst out laughing and made comments such as "DOWN GIRL" and "ARE YOU THAT HARD UP ALREADY? YOU'VE GOT A LONG TIME TO WAIT STILL!" while I giggled nonstop.

Really, though ... I can't get my zipper unstuck. It's hard being alone these days.

12 comments:

Jenn said...

Haha - that is so funny you perv!!

In other news - I will totally pull on your zipper next weekend. :) xxoo

Lucy Marie said...

Giggle. Giggle. Giggle.

Brittany Ann said...

Oh man, that is something I would do! How funny! The good news is, that story is really going to my make your hubby smile!

I'm sorry we don't live closer. Let me know if I can help.

Jenn said...

sorry to spam you again - but i need your help with my test. :)

Jenn said...

one more lame-o comment. SORRY!!!

Kayla said...

haha, thanks for the laugh! I wish I could help you out!

Ashley said...

that is so hillarious!! i would totally do the same thing..don't you love the ackward moments :) and i have had those funks before too..

brown eyed girl said...

I have a sweater like that. I sweat my ass off when I can't get it off because I am mortified to either be seen struggling with a zipper when I'm clearly an adult and I know someone will make some asshole comment about pulling a sweater over my head that I could simply zip off!!

I hope you're doing alright - is there anything I can do? Just let me know, girlfriend! You're in my thoughts! xoxo

Lucky in Love said...

This made me giggle :) Ha! But I feel for you girl. For sure.

But...on a lighter note...I may or may not get to see your beautiful face in like one week!!!!!!!! GET EXCITED!!!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

lol, that's funny and cute. Hang in there!

d.a.r. said...

Bahahahahahahahahaha. I love it!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

hahaha, so funny! i hope you had a good weekend girl!