Monday, February 15, 2010

Chicago!

I had such a great time in Chicago this weekend! It was the great way to end my birthday week. Naturally, this will be a photo-heavy post. Deal with it!

I was very excited to finally meet Bacon this weekend. Here he is, in all of his fluffy glory!
He really is the most adorable puppy. He was on his best behavior for me, according to Lisa and Randy, and saved some of his devil dog behavior for after I went home. What a cutie! He even smiles for the camera.
Lisa and I picked up Jenny and went out to brunch at this lovely restaurant. Delish! We then met Jenn back at Lisa's apartment and started on our shopping/cupcaking journey. We first went to More, which Lisa and I had discovered on our lame chocolate tour in December. Here is a pretty photo of all the cupcakes:
And another pretty photo of Jenn taking a photo of ... me.
After that, we drove to Wicker Park for some shopping before dinner. We got out of the car and realized that we were right in front of a psychic's "office." And by office, I mean house. Jenn convinced us to get a psychic reading - a first for all of us, I believe! Here's a good photo of Jenn and Jenny in the "waiting room" i.e. living room at the psychic.
We learned lots of interesting stuff ... for example, I will have a miscarriage and Jenn has a tilted uterus, along with bad energy in zones 1-7. Fascinating stuff, really. Anyone know what zones 1-7 are? No? Me either. She did tell me that Matt will come home safe and sound, and after my first pregnancy ends in a miscarriage, I will go on to have 3 healthy babies. Interesting.

After some wandering around, we ended up at Hot Chocolate for dinner. AMAZING. We shared the garlic monkey bread appetizer with prosciutto and garlic olive oil (or something like that). Yummy!
Here's a cute photo of Jenn and Jenny!
Jenn, vamping for the camera
MMMMM dinner! I had the shrimp and grits appetizer as my entree, with a side of caramelized brussels sprouts. Everything was delicious. Yum yum yum!
I got a special birthday dessert - and it was amazing. It was something like ... an ice cream sandwich made with chocolate stout cake and chocolate ice cream, with some other stuff, and some hot chocolate fudgey sauce, and blah blah blah. Okay I really have no idea but it was literally one of the best desserts I have ever had!
Here is a not-so-great photo of me
Figuring out the bill was very complicated, so we left it to the person who understands math the most: Jenny.
The four of us (plus Bacon!) before saying goodnight. Yay! We had so much fun together...cannot wait to plan another get-together asap!
Here I am, stuck in Chicago traffic at 2pm on a Sunday. Gotta love it! Traffic is definitely one of the things I DON'T miss about living in a big city.
On my way home, I passed this farm with a gazillion windmills in Indiana. It was so neat! But very hard to photograph while driving.
And okay, don't hate me, but ... I'm at home with YET ANOTHER snow day today!!! Isn't that just crazy? This time we actually have crazy snow - there was quite a bit when I woke up this morning, and I took Oscar to play in the park. It's been snowing more and more all day, and the roads are awful. SERIOUSLY don't hate me, but I wouldn't be surprised if we had another snow day tomorrow. Crazy!
After the frolic in the snow, Oscar and I have been doing a lot of this. Enough said.
Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's day!

13 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

So much fun! I love seeing all you lovely ladies hanging out together.

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

Glad you enjoyed my city..it is a beauty!! Sounds like a fun weekend and I LOVE cupcakes!

jenn said...

yay!!! i'm so glad you posted so many pictures because then i don't have to! :) enjoy your snow day! xxoo

Lucy Marie said...

I'm so glad you girls had a good weekend. All that food looks so delicious!

Jackie said...

sounds like a fab time!

d.a.r. said...

So much fun!!!!!

Taryn said...

Nice- I would like to go there too- I haven't been in quite some time.

(Do you cover you Mac camera? Why?)

Unknown said...

oh it looks like so much fun!! it is so nice that you are able to have some good girl time while your hubby is away (believe me i know)! oh and the puppies are adorable :)

jenn said...

um PS how did i not comment earlier on the fact that your macbook camera is covered up. i love that we are both paranoid!! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Bacon the dog is too cute!!!! Glad you had a wonderful time in Chi town!

Lucky in Love said...

Yeah!! So much fun!!

Jaclynn_kyuss said...

You had me at cupcake tower!

Anonymous said...

It looks like your trip was so much fun!