Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dog Party. I mean, Surprise Party.

A few weeks ago ... okay, I think it was a month already, Matt and I headed up to Grand Rapids, MI for a surprise 30th birthday party for Randy. Randy is my BFF Lisa's boyfriend, and he's also a good friend of mine from college. Lisa put together a great surprise party for him, and we had such a great time hanging out with college buddies.

Here is a photo of Lisa and Randy, post-surprise:
Aaand that's pretty much the only photo of just humans that I have. Because the hosts of the party, Joe and Laura (more college friends) have the cutest French Bulldogs, and Lisa and Randy have their adorable little Bacon pup, and it was a total dog fest. They were cute. Like, really cute.
The Frenchies look like little yodas. Or something. This is Vinny, I believe.
Dog party!
Mmmmmm Jimmy Johns ....
Partiers
Matt isn't really this pissed ... I think.
Birthday monster!
Dog face-off
Just chillin ...
This is Lou. Lou likes to be held and cuddled when he's sleepy, like a baby.
Such cuties!!! All in all, we had a great time at the party - it was so good to see everyone, and even though it was a brief trip (we drove 6 hours there on a Saturday and 6 back in a blizzard on Sunday), it was absolutely worth it. Yay!

3 comments:

AEOT said...

Really??? Really, Shaina???? You came ALL the way to GR and you didn't happen to mention this to me?????? Hello, I live here and would give anything to meet you and hubs and have a quick, nice to meet you breakfast!!!!! Ooooohhh, I am soooo mad at you right now!!! Okay, so I'm not really, but next time you get up here you better schedule some AEOT time!!

Sofia Britts said...

Aww, I love French Bulldogs! That's true, dogs magnetize attention. Whenever someone arrives at a party with a dog, the pet suddenly becomes the center of everything. Our dog become superstars too whenever I hold parties here in our house. I think I'm gonna throw my pet a party soon using the money left from my cash advances. Dogs have birthdays too, you know.

Anxiety Remedies said...

It certainly looks like a very fun surprise birthday bash! Love your dog!