Monday, April 5, 2010

I'm sweating.

You know what happens when your office is a converted closet? There are issues with ventilation. As in, there isn't any. No air flow, no a/c, no heat, you name it. In the winter, it was frigid. And today ... all I have to say is oh. em. gee.

It was approximately 100000 degrees in my office today. I was wearing a skirt with a 3/4 sleeve cardigan, and I can't remember the last time I was sweating so much.

Seriously. I'm not exaggerating at all. Oh, and I was doing paperwork all day today - no students. So I never even shut my door. It's that bad. It's so hot in there that I could not physically stop myself from repeating over and over again to anyone who was listening ... "Ohmygosh I am so hot right now that I can't even believe it!!!"

I constantly had to get up from my desk, walk out into the general office, and then out to the main hallway in the school just to get some sort of ... I don't know. Air flow? Breeze? Can you call it a breeze if it's inside? I'm not sure.

I ended up with a heat-induced migraine (yes, extreme heat sets off my headaches ... love it!) and had to leave work early to get frozen yogurt and just sit in my car with the a/c on high.

When I got home, I had to lay down in bed because my head hurt so badly ... and if you follow me on Twitter, you maybe would have noticed that my bed broke last night and I couldn't fix it, so I had to sleep in our guest room. So when I got home today, I went back to the guest room and took a little nap. Eventually, the dog was going crazy from inactivity, so we went for a long, vigorous walk in the 80+ degree heat.

And guess what? At the end of our walk, I was sweating LESS than when I was sitting in my office doing paperwork earlier. And call me crazy, but I feel like something is wrong when I sweat more while being sedentary than I do after a long walk.

So! Tonight I am going to rummage around in the Closet of Doom and Destruction to try and figure out if we still have any sort of fan. Because I have no idea how I will make it tomorrow without it!!!

10 comments:

Lucky in Love said...

Oh dear! What an awful day! I hope you find that fan because the warm weather is just starting!!

Jackie said...

My office is the opposite! Extremely hot in the winter and unbearably cold in the spring/summer. Sounds nice, but it makes it VERY difficult to dress appropriately for the time of year. Either way though...it sucks not being comfortable! Hope you are feeling better :)

Anonymous said...

Ick, ick, nasty! Our office had the HEAT on today. It was 80 degrees outside. WTH, folks, wth? I hope you are feeling better and Oscar is helping his mama feel better!
xoxo

Susannah said...

HAHAHAHA! I am getting the funniest mental picture right now! THat is ridic that your office is in a closet! Srsly public education, srsly!

Lucy Marie said...

I am glad you said you found a fan because this would not be pretty over the coming months .. I'm sure it's just going to get hotter and hotter. Oh well, I guess you'll just have to rely on Cyclones every day :)

Anonymous said...

Extreme heat sets off headaches for me too! I hope you found a fan.

jenn said...

Oh, no! Closet: 1 Shaina: 0

d.a.r. said...

Hope the fan helped!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I would talk to the school tomorrow and see if they can get you a fan or something! I hate sweating like that so I would be miserable! I hope tomorrow is cooler.

Anonymous said...

I have a huge floor fan that I save for the really hot days and a smaller desk fan that runs 80% of the time. My office has the worst heating system, so half of the building is always cold and the other half is too hot.