Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008 in review

I know, I know, it's been a couple of weeks since I've blogged.  And while I'd love to give you the lowdown of my holiday season, I thought it best to instead write the obligatory New Years post.  I thought I would review each month's highlights of 2008:

January
1st: Celebrated my second New Years with Matt, and our good friends Jennifer and Ryan, by eating a great dinner out at Geranio in Old Town Alexandria.  Please, friends, if you live in the DC metro area, eat at Geranio!  Fantastic, creative Italian food at reasonable prices.  Yum.
7th (I think): Went on a bachelorette cruise to the Bahamas with Jenn - fabulous!

February
9th: Celebrated my 26th birthday!  Can't believe it's been almost a year...which means I'm almost 27.
14th: 2nd Valentine's Day with Matt...although he was in Africa at the time.  Amazingly, flowers showed up to work from him anyway!  

March
7th: Celebrated 2 year anniversary with Matt at our favorite sushi restaurant.  Oh, and yeah, we got engaged!

April
12th: I was the maid of honor at Jenn and Ryan's spectacular wedding.  Matt was the best man.  We were so thrilled to be a part of their big day!

May
21st: Matt's 26th birthday.  We celebrated, for the third year in a row, by going to the Taste of Arlington.  I will miss that tradition!

July
30th: Matt's first day of Terminal Leave from the Army.

September
5th: My last day of work at GWU Hospital.  Very sad - I still miss everyone there SO MUCH!
8th: Movers!
9th: Matt and I moved from Alexandria, Virginia, to Bloomington, Indiana.  When we got to Indiana on this day, I met the majority of Matt's family - sisters, nieces, nephews, grandparents.
13th: I had a fantastic bridal shower in Michigan.

October
1st: My first day of work at my new job.  Hoorah!
3rd-5th: Amazing bachelorette trip to South Beach!  A truly incredible weekend.
11th: Wonderful bridal shower in Bedford, Indiana.  So much fun!

November
8th: Got married!
10th-19th: Spent the most fabulous honeymoon in Costa Rica!
27th: First Thanksgiving as a married couple, first Thanksgiving with Matt's family.  I made pie!

December
19th-21st: Super fun weekend in Chicago with Lisa and Randy - yay!
21st-25th: Christmas in Michigan.  Once again, our first Christmas as a married couple.  It was a wonderful Christmas, and we spent the latter part of it in Indiana with Matt's family!  Double the holiday, double the fun!
29th-Jan 2nd: New Years spent in Norman, Oklahoma, with my cousins.  A fabulous time!  It somehow still just didn't feel the same without Jenn and Ryan.

All in all, 2008 was the most fabulous year.  Most notably, I got engaged, moved cross-country, and then got married.  Crazy, right?  I have no idea what 2009 will hold for us, but I can only think that things will keep getting better!



No comments: