Wednesday, May 23, 2012

17 Weeks = Exhaustion!


17 weeks as of Monday, May 21st!  Which was also, coincidentally, Matt's 30th birthday!  Big things happening in the Smith family.  :)  It's been a great week!  I went up to Michigan over the weekend to attend Lisa's bridal shower, which was lots of fun.  Here is the one and only photo I took:


Anyway, the shower was fun and I am SO glad I live within driving distance and was able to make the trek up to celebrate!  Unfortunately, the weekend totally wiped me out.  The 6 hour drive home was really rough and I was thisclose to sleeping in the backseat of my car in a McDonald's parking lot to avoid driving the rest of the way home.  Overly dramatic?  Yes, totally.  But I was totally wiped out and it seemed like a fairly good idea at the time!  Thankfully, I powered through and made it home (safely in one piece) and I have NEVER been so happy to get home and get into my bed!  I still feel like I'm recovering and catching up on sleep, as ridiculous as that sounds.  I guess I just need to remember that my body is really working hard right now, and sometimes I just have to take it easy!  

That being said, here are this week's important things:

How far along?  17 week and 2 days today (17 weeks when I took the photo above)

How big is baby?  Baby Smith is now the size of a sweet potato - around 5.6 inches from head to tush and around 6.7 ounces.  Growing by leaps and bounds!  And I'm to the point where I literally feel like my belly is growing every. single. day.  Case in point?  I took the photo below yesterday, one day after my 17 week photo above.  Every day I wake up and look in the mirror and think, yep!  It's bigger!



Total weight gain:  Not sure ... haven't weighed myself recently, but I think I'm finally up a couple of pounds.    

Maternity clothes? Yes!  My parents met me in Grand Rapids on Sunday and treated me to a little maternity shopping spree.  I'm now the proud owner of several items ... including the adorable dress I'm modeling above in my (very sleep-looking) 17 week photo above!  

Sleep:  Sleeping great lately.  I started taking zantac every evening, and while I'm still dealing with heartburn, it's starting to feel a little more manageable.    

Cravings: Nothing really this week - probably for the best!    

Best moment this week:  It's definitely a tie between hanging out with Lisa and stepping in dog diarrhea with my bare foot on the carpet in the middle of the night last night.  I'll let you decide which I'm serious about.      

Movement: About the same as last week ... a couple of little flutters that I can't really distinguish as being the baby or not.  I'll keep you posted on this one.  :)

Gender: Dunno!  Lots more girl votes, and one more boy vote.  We'll find out three weeks from today!    

Belly Button in or out? Innie.

What I miss:  Eating raw sushi and staying awake past 9:30.  Oh, and being able to take roadtrips without feeling like I've been run over by a truck!    

Milestones:  Nothing new this week - besides being one week closer to meeting this little baby!  :)

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Love that dress you are wearing the first picture. So cute! I don't know if I've officially weighed in - but add girl to my vote.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

you look so good!!! i'm thinking you might have a little girl there :) can't wait to find out what you're having!!