Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm Back!

Greetings to my three loyal readers.  I'm so sorry about my absence...but I have good reasons, I promise.  Three weekends ago, my parents came for some super-wedding shopping.  We found an amazing outfit for my mom to wear to the wedding, which was a huge relief because she had been looking for forever.  We also found several dresses for me, which was lots of fun!  I now have an adorable dress to wear for my Michigan bridal shower in a couple of weeks, an amazing rehearsal dinner dress, and a day-after brunch dress (which I believe will double as an engagement-photo dress).  Two of my three dresses are not online anymore, but feast your eyes on my rehearsal dinner dress:
(image courtesy of J. Crew)
Isn't it gorgeous?  I love the color, plus it's cashmere so it feels super luxurious.  I think it's both casual and elegant, all at once, and I can't wait to wear it!  I have a great pair of black suede mary janes with patent leather bows that I think will look great with this dress.  Thoughts?

I also purchased the wedding earrings I wrote about a few posts ago from Swarovski, which are gorgeous, and some wedding perfume (Armani Code) and a few wedding-day lip products from Dior (lip liner, lipstick and lip gloss).  Definitely a shopping-filled weekend, but lots of fun!

The next weekend, I flew to Chicago and then drove up to northern Michigan with Lisa and Randy for our friends' Chris and Liza's wedding.  They got married at the Homestead Resort in Glen Arbor, Michigan, which is on Lake Michigan.  I haven't been to northern Michigan in years, and we just had such a great time spending time with college friends.  It was like a little reunion!  I'd love to attach a few photos from the weekend, but adding photos in blogger is really frustrating me.  Look for my next post, which will be completely photo-themed.

I returned home this past Monday, and on Thursday night, Matt flew back from Indiana!  He has been gone a month, and I have been crazy lonely without him.  We've had a great, relaxing weekend while we gear up for our big move to Bloomington - which is happening a week from tomorrow!  I can't believe that our time in Virginia is finally coming to a close.  

So, there it is.  My excuses for not blogging in two weeks.  I hope you will forgive me!  

No comments: