Monday, August 4, 2008

Milestones

Matt and I have a lot of milestones coming up.  Well, one just passed:  Wednesday, July 30th, was Matt's last day in the Army.  Technically, he gets out on September 28th, but he is now on terminal leave.  I cannot believe that this day is here - I remember when we were celebrating his two-year mark.  I could not be happier that he's done, and can move on to other ventures!

Today, Matt and Oscar left for Indiana.  Matt is going on a two week trip with his dad out west, and then at the end of the month, he will fly back here to Virginia.  Oscar will stay with my future sister-in-law and his doggie cousins.  On September 8th, our movers come, and on the 9th, we leave our little apartment for forever and move to Bloomington, Indiana.  It always seemed like our move was distant, in the future.  Then, suddenly, I gave my notice at work, Matt finished work, and now he's on his way to Indiana.  I know that these few weeks will fly by, and then suddenly, we're moving!  And a mere two months later, we're getting married.  

When I write it all down, it seems like there's a lot going on - but I can't help but feel giddy and excited for what's to come.  

No comments: