Thursday, January 7, 2010

I know someone famous!

I work with this really awesome lady named Marti, who teaches the teen GED class over at our teen leaning/adult ed center. Her daughter works as a buyer for Urban Outfitters, and Marti is always wearing something new and cool and hip and fun. She also has a whole closet full of new Urban Outfitters samples that she gives away to the kids in her class, who usually don't have a ton of money to buy clothes. So in addition to always being fashionable, Marti is a really, really sweet person.

When I went to see her yesterday, she told me the exciting news that she designed a t-shirt for Urban Outfitters! And that they are currently in stores! When she told me what it was, I laughed hysterically. I then immediately went to look up a photo online. What do you think?

Bahahaha. Pretty darn funny, right?! If you're interested in picking one up, you can find it here. Marti isn't getting any money for the shirts that sell, so this isn't a master plan to make her a millionaire. :) She said that, had she drawn the picture of the tiger, she would have received some cash. But she mostly just did it for the fun of it!

So, it's official. Marti is the most famous designer I've ever met!

6 comments:

Alison said...

That is so funny!! I love it, and I will have to add that to my list!

I hope you have a great weekend!

Lucky in Love said...

What a clever idea! So funny!

Becky said...

Hahaha! I wonder if my husband will let me get one?

jenn said...

the scary thing is i didn't get this at first because my friday brain thought that was a lion.

secondly - WHY isn't she making any money??? tons of people are going to buy that shirt!!!

Anonymous said...

i think you are really pretty.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Now you can tell people you know a famous designer. :)