Friday, January 8, 2010

Roasted Veggie and Pesto Pasta

Happy weekend, friends! I spent yesterday watching the movie Julie and Julia (so cute!), and afterwards I was inspired to blog about my cooking. I made one of my favorite, easy, go-to meals and I thought I would share it with all of you! So, without further ado...Roasted Veggie and Pesto Pasta!

The players:
Pasta
1 sweet onion
1-2 peppers of your choice (I sometimes use red, last night I used orange and yellow)
1 head of garlic
mushrooms
spinach
pesto
salt and pepper, to taste
olive oil

For the record...you can use any veggies you feel like using. These are just my favorite!

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Line a cookie sheet with foil. Chop the onion and peppers and put them on the cookie sheet. Add spinach and mushrooms. Peel each clove of garlic and place on top of other vegetables. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. It will look like this:

Set timer for around 30 minutes and stick the veggies in the oven. Check every 5-10 minutes and smoosh around with a wooden spoon to make sure the veggies are roasted evenly. Meanwhile, boil water and make the pasta.

When the veggies are ready to come out (usually between 30-40 minutes), they should look all shriveled and blackened, like this:

A close-up:

When the pasta is cooked, drain and mix in a few tablespoons of pesto sauce. I used 3 tbsp last night, and it was perfect. I forgot to take a photo of this step...oops! Sorry. Anyway, then add the roasted veggies to the pasta, stir, and enjoy! See how easy that is?!

It's pretty, too. YUM!!!!
Delish! Isn't it pretty and colorful?

6 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

oooh my Hubby would love this!! i'm going to have to try this very soon! (i'm always looking for yummy meatless recipes, we usually always have some kind of meat ;-))

Susannah said...

I loved that movie too! And this recipe looks delish! Thanks for sharing. =)

Lisa said...

nomnomnom

Lucy Marie said...

You forgot to invite me over.

Anonymous said...

Ooh that looks tasty!

Jackie said...

MmMmMm I will definitely be making this! Nom nom nom