Friday, July 16, 2010

Friends don't let friends use olive oil from Walmart

I received a surprise package yesterday from my sweet friend Lisa - a good bottle of extra virgin olive oil. A few years ago, she went on a study abroad program in Tuscany, where she learned that cheap olive oil in clear bottles gives you cancer. I can only imagine her dismay when she came to visit a few weeks ago and noticed my Walmart "Great Value" brand evoo in a cheap, clear, plastic bottle. Terrible! I love good olive oil with a passion, but lately I must admit that I've just been going for the cheap stuff.

I cannot WAIT to open this baby up and drizzle a little over some tomato and mozzarella salad!

For the life of me ... I cannot get this picture to rotate. So, please ignore my technical difficulties. :)

3 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Hmmm my bottle is a light green, but clear-ish? Shit. Everything I do is going to give me cancer.

Lucky in Love said...

Ha. I use the Walmart brand too :)

Lucy Marie said...

I use cheapo stuff, too. Suck on that, Lisa!