Saturday, July 17, 2010

Nice little Saturday


Well even though it's only 7:15pm, I am already in my jammies, curled up in front of the tv, winding down to go to bed early. :) I got up early this morning to go for a run, but it took me awhile to get out of bed. I didn't get outside until 7, and by then it was already too late. The humidity was out of control! So instead of running, I took Oscar for a nice long walk and then settled down to do school stuff ALL MORNING.

I read, worked on a group project, read some more, read a little more, and then took a quiz. Wah wah wah.

Then, I put on my bathing suit, loaded Oscar in the car, and drove down to my SIL Meleah's! They just got this big inflatable water slide type thing that looks almost exactly like this:

*image found here*
I then proceeded to spend around an hour playing on the slide with my 5 y/o nephew, Cooper. I can't lie ... it was probably the most fun I've had in awhile. Meleah took some photos but I don't have them yet, so ... stay tuned.

After awhile, my SIL Micah came over with my nephew Jarrett and nieces Jaylanne and Jessie. I let the kids play in the slide while I socialized with my SILs, and Oscar spent a good couple of hours herding their horses. Oooooh Oscar. Between the horses, the pig pond, and several trips through the woods, he got absolutely FILTHY disgusting. And smelled like manure. I gave him a quick bath outside and then we hopped in the car to come back home! Oscar is fast asleep on the floor, and to be honest ... I will probably be heading to bed on the early side myself.

PLUS ... I have to get up early tomorrow for a 5 mile run! For real, this time. My training schedule got a little wonky this week and I basically skipped my short runs. But oh well - that's okay. Tomorrow morning: 5 mile run, then a walk with Oscar, and then MORE READING FOR SCHOOL!

For all of you out there that went back to school after taking several years off - I take my hat off to you. This is only ONE class and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. Whew!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about school. I'm doing the same thing and forgot what it's like to do homework on a Saturday. Yuck!

AEOT said...

You'll get used to the homework, though it never becomes fun, evenutally it just becomes routine.

Glad you had fun with the kids. That slide looks awesome! Hope the run went well today :)

Lucy Marie said...

That slide might very well be the coolest thing I have ever seen. Can we get one for this weekend?