Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Photos!!!

For some reason, I don't have the motivation to write a full blog post today.  I'm sorry.  For all of you, especially those who follow me on Twitter...yes, I owe you a cupcake recipe.  Tomorrow, I promise.  :)  In lieu of something witty and interesting, I'm posting some photos I took before the IU game I blogged about on Friday.

We got to the stadium about 10 minutes before kickoff.  The stadium was...empty.  Definitely not something I'm used to, as the Big House is always packed with over 110,000 people.  IU Stadium seats around 50,000 and...well, you can see how it looked!  Once again, to reiterate, IU is clearly a basketball school.  

The obligatory pre-game self-portrait.  We are not looking our best here.  But look, I got bangs!

Once again...check it out!  Empty stadium!  But, they set off some cool firework things before kickoff.  That was fun.  :)

I guess this is a new part of the stadium...it looks pretty neat.  
Okay!  End of football photos.  And change of subject.  Matt's friend Brandon's girlfriend (are you following that?!) is an artist, and just graduated from the IU art school.  She is British, though, and had to move back to England when she finished school this summer.  As a result, Brandon has several pieces of her artwork that he is babysitting, and he said we could come over and pick out some art that WE could babysit for awhile.  I was so excited, because...look at how boring our living room is!!!!  Brown, blah, boring, Ikea.  
We went over to Brandon's apartment and picked out two paintings, one for our guest bedroom and one for the giant blank slate that is our living room.  I am OBSESSED with the one for our living room...and I want to buy it now!  Ta da....
What do you think?  I love having this huge painting hanging over our couch...I think it looks fantastic.  Plus, I love walking in the door every day to look at it!  

So, there you have it...in photos.  I promise to write something REAL tomorrow!  

8 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Wow! I love that painting! I'd want to buy it, too!

Lisa said...

What's wrong with Matt's face? That looks like a ... smile?

Alison said...

Great photos!! I have never been a huge fan of football, but this year, I can't wait!

I hope you have a great day!

Christina said...

Love the bangs!

Taryn said...

Wow- that is weird to see an empty stadium. We had to right for our shoulder space at our game.

(P.S. I thought your post about the kids was so funny last week- when I went to our game I couldn't help but think of it. There were some girls in front of us and they kept taking pictures of themselves. I couldn't get it- they were not changing, new people were not coming, but they kept taking pictures. I wanted to point out that the only thing changing was the position of the sun- but I didn't have the guts. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I thought of you. thanks for the funny post.)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

that is so fun! you look so cute, love the bangs! and the painting is great, how fun that you got two for your house! we love putting up art on nakey walls=)

Lucky in Love said...

Sad that the stadium was so empty...but what do you expect?? :) And I freaking love, love, love your bangs!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You guys are too cute together!!!