Monday, January 26, 2009

Blah Monday

Monday's highlights:  

-Accidentally oversleeping and therefore getting a fantastically full night of sleep. 
-Getting some good paperwork completed at work.
-Sampling one of the weight watchers "twinkies" and absolutely loving it.
-Making a killer steak dinner with crispy polenta and corn salsa, prompting Mr. Smith to say that it was like we were eating in a different country.  Still getting to the bottom of what that actually means, but I'm 100% positive it was meant as a compliment.
-Making another great weight watchers recipe, chocolate and cinnamon quesadillas.  Um, incredibly delicious.  Kind of a splurge at 4 points, but...sooooo tasty.  Comment if you'd like the recipe.  
-Watching the movie Mr. and Mrs. Smith.  Ever since we got married (and thus became Mr. and Mrs. Smith) I've been wanting to see this movie again.  I got a kick out of it!

Monday's lowlights (?):

-Actually having to get out of bed to go to work at all.  When I woke up (late), it was light out, and I could see snow on the ground.  Checked blackberry several times for an email saying school was closed.  No such luck.
-Running out of hot water for my shower...for the gazillionth time.  We have some serious hot water issues here.
-Forgetting my ipod - AGAIN - on a paperwork day.  How interesting is a spreadsheet without music?  NOT INTERESTING AT ALL.  Case closed.

Well, at least the highlights outweigh the lows, right?  How was your Monday?  Am I the only one already counting down to Friday again?

No comments: