Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday night reflections

It seems as though this week has flown by - seriously, I think it was just Sunday about a minute ago.  But this week was not without some emotional challenges, for sure.

First and foremost, I learned that a former coworker of mine in DC has lost her son, a 23 year old Marine who was killed in Afghanistan.  When we were in DC and Matt was still in the Army, she and I would talk about the military all the time.  Roni, I'm thinking about you!

Second, I learned that another coworker of mine from DC ended up in the emergency room, and from there was transferred to another area hospital for brain surgery.  Even though I haven't been in DC for over four months and my communication with my amazing friends at the hospital has been limited, I was totally shocked and have been extremely concerned about her.  Thankfully, from what I have learned, she is doing great and plans on returning to work next week.  

Whew!  And, if that isn't enough turmoil, I saw two new students this week - and both informed me that they had been raped.  Talk about a downer work week.  

Additionally, I had an extremely vivid dream the other night featuring my beloved Grammy, who passed away in March.  I miss you, Grammy!

I'm looking forward to the long weekend, and hope to relax and do some fun cooking.  I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: