Friday, January 16, 2009

TGIF

What a delightful morning. Woke up, checked the weather. Saw that it was -20 with the windchill, and weather.com suggested that I not go outside. Oh well. Got ready for work and walked to the car...the car wouldn't start. Perhaps it is giving me a hard time for taking it away from Virginia, the land of mild winters? Not sure. Went back inside, told Matt the car wouldn't start. He bundled up, came outside, sat in the car...informed me that the car wouldn't start, because it's too cold.

Walked to his car, which thankfully started asap. Decided that this would be a great day to finally drive his truck...for the first time. It seems a bit more responsive than mine, and I spent the 15 minute drive to work lurching forward on the gas and then accidentally slamming on the breaks.

Walked into school and realized, in a flash, that I didn't have my office key. It's on the key ring with my car keys, naturally. Sighed a deep sigh. Went and finally found someone to open my office door.

Thank goodness it's Friday.

1 comment: