Thursday, July 17, 2008

Holy Wedding Excitement

Wow - today was so exciting I almost can't stand it.  First of all - I have my wedding dress!!!!!  It's hanging in what appears to be a very sturdy garment bag (?) on my closet door.  It is heavy.  And it's mine!  It fits perfectly - I will barely need any alterations at all, which is fabulous.  No hemming necessary, just some really minor details - and the french bustle.  The real deal looks so much more amazing than the sample - it is mind boggling!  I am on wedding-cloud nine!

Secondly - I came home to discover that we received our first wedding gift!!!!!!!  I could not believe it!  And what a fabulous gift, too - two place settings of our beautiful kate spade Cypress Point china!  
It is gorgeous - the photo does not do it justice.  Lots of texture and subtle detailing.  I am just thrilled!  Also freaking out a little bit because I haven't ordered my official thank you notes yet.  I ran out to the Paper Source and picked up a small box of nice thank you notes to hold me over until I have the real deal.

So much wedding excitement...I think I'm starting to realize that this is all really happening!

No comments: