Monday, July 28, 2008

The Wedding Nightmare


Well, it's officially the season of wedding nightmares.  I'm not sure exactly when the not sleeping started...well, perhaps that's untrue.  When we first got engaged, I stopped sleeping for a good four to five days.  I just couldn't believe that I was ENGAGED, and I would pretend to sleep while trying to catch a glimpse of my ring in the moonlight.  Then, I instantly became overwhelmed with the wedding details - place, time, dress - and then I would pretend to sleep while my mind was going a million miles per hour.  I eventually calmed down, maybe mid-March (!), and began to sleep again.  I thought to myself, phew!  I am calm once again!

Not true.  I have recently began having a series of wedding-related nightmares.  I can't tell you exactly what they are about, but I wake up, petrified that I am already married, something terrible happened, and I barely remember anything.  I remember that one time, I accidentally married my ex instead, and that he got drunk at the reception and acted terribly - and I was scared to death that this had, somehow, occurred when I awoke.  Thankfully, just a dream.  I've also been having a lot of random nightmares - I don't think they are wedding related, but I wonder if they started because I am getting a little stressed out?  

Now that we're getting much closer to the wedding (The Knot says I only have 103 days!), I have started waking up in the middle of the night again.  I'm not sure if it's the wedding, or our upcoming cross-country move to Bloomington, Indiana, but I am just having a tough time sleeping.  Any suggestions for how to relax and get a good night of sleep?  Besides Tylenol PM and/or Nyquill?  

No comments: