1. Train for and successfully complete the Chicago Half Marathon on September 12th, 2010. Yes, I will do this! My running has been a little less regular over the past few weeks, but I will get back on schedule When Matt Leaves (shortened to WML from now on!). I have really started to enjoy running, and I am looking forward to attaining this goal. I also know that Jenn will be with me every step of the way, and that definitely helps!
2. Clean out the guest bedroom closet. If you could see it, you would understand why this is a whole project in and of itself. It is a NIGHTMARE in there and I have started fantasizing about how I'm going to organize it and where I'm going to put things. It is a really, really big walk-in closet (well, to me at least!) and it has so much potential. Right now, you can't even get in the door because there is so much crap all over the floor. With the help of Rubbermaid containers and magazine holder thingies, I plan to organize the CRAP out of that closet. Whenever that happens, I'll post before and after photos. Don't judge me.
3. Learn how to make my own bread and NEVER BUY BREAD AGAIN. This has been inspired by Lucy. She told me that, last December, she decided to never buy bread again - she started making her own and has been doing it ever since. She makes EVERYTHING! Bread, pitas, breadsticks, english muffins...you name it, she can make it. I think this would be a great thing to know how to do.
4. Get a half share of a CSA farm. I'm extremely excited about this...I have researched and picked out my farm and everything. For 25 weeks, I'll get a box full of veggies and other local treats (eggs, cheese, whatever they feel like throwing in). Lisa and Randy get a half share each summer growing season, and they said it's WAY more veggies than they can eat. Since there will be only one of me, I will learn how to properly freeze veggies so they can last far into next winter 2011.
5. Tied into the last two...I really want to try and eat as locally as possible. I will not completely hold myself to this because eating 100% locally is like...hard. Ha. But I want to make really conscious decisions about where my food is coming from. WML (did you get that? When Matt Leaves), my eating habits will change dramatically. While he needs a whole meal, I could just pick at veggies. I am very happy not eating meat. I plan on being a happy vegetarian 90% of the time. Veggies are grown locally...so, I think I'll be good. UNTIL I need some avocados (clearly not grown here) and ... actually, I'm not sure if brussels sprouts are grown here or not. Clearly something to look into.
6. Become a generally neater/cleaner/more organized person. This is clearly less measurable...but I have so much crap that I know I can purge and throw away. I will have lots of time to work on this...and when Matt comes back, he won't have to pile all my shoes in the bedroom anymore, haha.
7. Get my body in the best shape possible so that when Matt comes home...we can try for a Baby Smith. I have some weight to lose, some areas to tone up...you know, the usual. Because of my endometriosis, I already have a fertility strike against me. I don't want anything else to get in the way of getting pregnant.
8. Play my violin REGULARLY and audition for (and get into, duh) the Bloomington Symphony. I have played violin since I was three years old...and it has definitely lapsed in my adult life. There are so many other things to do, other obligations, other hobbies. I don't want to let this one fall by the wayside. Plus, playing in an orchestra has always been a social outlet for me and I know I'll need some more friends around here when I'm all alone!
Well....that's actually all I can think of right now. Those are the big things. Eventualy, WML, I'll add my project/goal list on my sidebar and mark when I have completed things. Anyone else have anything they think I should add?