Yes, I'm blogging from the bathtub again. You gotta problem with that? Yeah...I didn't think so.
Lisa tagged me about...um, two weeks ago share 7 things about me that you probably don't know. Unless you're Lisa, because...at this point, 13 years into our friendship, there isn't much she doesn't know about me!
So, here goes:
1. I have been playing violin and piano since I was three years old. When I got to high school, I didn't have the time to play both instruments seriously, so I stuck with the violin. I was a competative violinist throughout high school, but never wanted to pursue music as a career. In college I played in the campus orchestra and even won a concerto competition, which allowed me to play a concerto with the orchestra at Hill Auditorium in Ann Arbor. Since grad school, I haven't played violin hardly at all, but I plan on taking it up again and auditioning for the Bloomington Symphony.
2. I went to private school from kindergarten through eighth grade. At that point, I realized more than ever that I didn't fit in with the other kids, thanks to lifestyle differences, etc - nor did I really want to fit in. I made the decision to go to public school for high school, where I didn't know anyone. Thanks to the reputation of my private school, I had some difficulty naking friends especially in the beginning of high school, and it wasn't a very fun time for me. Thankfully, I had Lisa, and I truly don't know how I could have gotten through high school without her.
3. I still don't know what I want to do "when I grow up.". Yes, I'm 27 and have a masters degree. But what if I want to do something different? I have passions for art and would love to work in a museum. I am extremely interested in graphic design and want to start taking some classes at our local community college. I've always been interested in photography. And - I really want to write a book. I have so many stories from my life as a social worker...from incredibly funny to incredibly tragic, I feel like I've seen almost everything and would love to record it. I'm just worried that only other social workers would read and enjoy it...us social workers end up with kind of a twisted sense of humor and, sometimes, a relatively upside-down way of looking at life.
4. I'm lazy. I hate working out and I never have the motivation. I'm currently amazed with myself for sticking with a consistent morning workout schedule...for two weeks. I desperately want a workout buddy - someone who sucks at running just as much as me so I don't feel embarrassed - but I don't know anyone in Bloomington. It's a total bummer.
5. I got engaged last year on March 7th (almost exactly a year ago!) and I still can't stop staring at my ring. I think it is the most beautiful piece of jewelry I have ever seen, and knowing that Mr. Smith - world's cheapest person - picked out something so perfect and special just for me constantly brings tears to my eyes.
6. I have an irrational fear of alligators/crocodiles. No particular reason...I just. Hate. Them.
7. I have trouble relaxing. I especially notice this when I go and get a massage (which happens once every blue moon). I can't let go and relax...my mind is constantly going. This happens a lot when I go to bed, too. And sometimes when I'm at work, I notice that I am clenching my shoulder muscles and furrowing my brow...for no reason. This drives me crazy.
So! There you have it. Seven weird and random things about me!
Well, my bath is getting cold and my thumbs are getting tired, so I guess I should hurry up and tag a couple girlies for this...
Jenn! At Jeans Friday! And...
Casey! From the Ever Changing Life of a Military Wife. If you ladies want to do this, go for it!