Thursday, June 4, 2009

Holy Excitement!

I have an exciting late-afternoon announcement!!!

I am blogging from...my home!  From my computer!!!  From my bed!!!!!!!!

You may or may not know that Matt and I just got cable and internet for the first time...about two weeks ago.  I know, I know, we've been living in the dark ages, blah blah blah.  Matt had been able to pick up someone's wireless signal on his laptop for the last few months as long as he didn't move his computer from a certain corner of our bed...and my computer wouldn't pick up anything, at all.  And then, it broke.

I didn't rush to get it repaired, seeing as how we didn't even have internet at home.  But then - a miracle!  A great Comcast deal (I know, that has to be an oxymoron, right??!) came along and we decided to do the impossible - GET TECHNOLOGY AT HOME.  Last week, I finally got around to taking my computer in for the necessary repair.

This morning, I called to check in on my little Mac, only to be told that...it couldn't be fixed without spending the approximate cost of a whole new computer.  But, thankfully, it works as long as it's plugged into the wall.  It just doesn't work on battery power.

So, I went and picked up my laptop today, resigned to keep it plugged in until I can save enough $$ to buy a new, fancy Macbook Pro.  

And can I just say that...it feels so fabulous to blog from the bedroom!  And to look at my Reader!  AT HOME!!!  I know this sounds crazy, girls, but I really feel so happy and comfortable.  Yippee!  AND now I'll finally be able to upload the photos from the wedding we went to on Friday!  But, you know, I probably won't, because I'm trying to "pack" (once again!) for our weekend in Nashville.  Constant traveling is so hard on a girl.  I'm exhausted!  But I am so excited to see Jenn and Ryan this weekend.  Matt went to college in Nashville, and he is really looking forward to showing me around his old stomping grounds.  I am really looking forward to some chocolate chip pancakes at the Pancake Pantry, too!  Yay!

So - stay tuned!  For some photos...eventually!  Happy weekend!

6 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's exciting you got your computer back!

Mel said...

i know i used to have to do that with my old macbook and a dell refurb.

I have a macbook pro 17inch and you know what its a pain to take out of the house.

I am thinking of getting a netbook as well.

kilax said...

I would be super excited too! When our internet is down for a few minutes at home (when I am trying to use it) I go crazy!

Jackie said...

Yay! very exciting.

jenn said...

woo hoo - back in action. i love my little mac and i'm so sad for yours : ( but YAY for blogging in bed. I blog from the couch - it's awesome :)

AEOT said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....pancake pantry! It's my favorite thing about Nashvegas (besides my friend Annie and her adorable family!). Have a great time. I'm way jealous!