Sunday, June 14, 2009

Pure Deliciousness

Well, it's Sunday night.  Aren't Sunday nights rough?  When you realize that your lovely weekend has come to a close, and you have to go back to work tomorrow?  Blah.

Today was pretty low-key.  Sunday is my day off, so I skipped the Shred.  But, I felt...lazy.  Perhaps I am getting set in a routine?  This is a good thing!  Instead of feeling lazy all day, Matt and I took Oscar out to a nearby lake for some hiking.  We hiked vigorously and I sweat like crazy!  It wasn't super hot, but the humidity was out of control.  We were only out about 45 minutes to an hour, but I was out of breath and my heart rate was definitely up!  So, that's good.

Then - DELICIOUSNESS!  I made a really amazing dinner.  Which I feel obligated to share with you, clearly. 

Without further ado:  Weight Watchers Crock Pot Beef Brisket!  Yummmmmmy!  6 points for a 3 oz piece of brisket with 6 tbsp of sauce.

1 4lb beef brisket (I used a 2 pound and it was plenty for the two of us)
1 large onion sliced and separated into rings (I omitted the onion because Matt doesn't like it)
3/4 tsp pepper
3 tbsp all purpose flour
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup beer
1/2 cup chili sauce

Trim fat from brisket (this was the hardest part!); cut in half.  Place onion rings in slow cooker.  Sprinkle with pepper evenly over brisket.  Place brisket halves over onions.  Put flour, brown sugar and garlic in a small bowl.  Gradually add beer and chili sauce, stirring until blended.  Pour over brisket.  Cover with lid and cook on high for 1 hour, then reduce to low and cook 6-8 hours or until tender.

Ta da!

This was seriously one of the tastier things I've ever made.  The brisket was so tender that it just fell apart.  YUM!  Try this - ASAP - and let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Yum! That brisket sounds delicious. We went hiking yesterday too, it was such a beautiful day here.

Gwen said...

I have to make this brisket!!! Sounds so yummy!!! Thank you for sharing. XOXO

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Yeah Sunday's can be rough! You know you have to go back to work!! Boo

kilax said...

I can tell you are becoming addicted to working out - feeling guilty for not is a sure-fire sign. ;) Hee hee.