Monday, June 8, 2009

Home Again

We're back in Bloomington from our fabulous weekend in Nashville/Clarksville!  We had such a great time with Jenn and Ryan...photos to follow, sometime.  We forgot our camera, so I took lots of photos with Jenn's camera...of course, I don't have that, so I have to remember to get those photos from Jenn!

We arrived Friday afternoon and spent some time relaxing, which was wonderful.  Ryan and Jenn made us an amazing dinner - teriyaki pork tenderloin and yummy zucchini mashed potatoes, with a spinach salad.  Delicious!  We were so spoiled there.  On Saturday morning, we drove into Nashville and ate at the Pancake Pantry.  Matt has been talking the Pantry up since we met, and I was so happy to finally eat the best chocolate chip pancakes ever!  I was certainly not disappointed!  After breakfast/lunch, we walked around Matt's alma mater, Belmont University.  It is a tiny little college and so, so beautiful.  Saturday evening, we packed a picnic and went to Clarksville's "Jazz on the Lawn" at the local vineyard.  We had a great time eating, drinking, and making fun of everyone surrounding us.  It was seriously the best place for people watching!  Plus, we saw the fattest baby ever.  EVER.  The baby LITERALLY looked like it was wearing a fat suit.  It was terrible.

Sunday was relaxation day...lots of hours of TV and a little tour around Clarksville.  And then we left this morning!

I am sad to report that I have only gotten sicker than last week.  Boo.  All weekend, my cough just got worse and worse...now I can barely talk without erupting in yucky coughs.  Matt and I got back home at around 3:00, and he dropped me right off at the walk-in clinic across the street from our apartment.  An hour later, I walked out with a prescription.  Whew.  I am hoping that the antibiotic takes care of this nasty cough, because it is NO FUN WHATSOEVER.

Did everyone have a great weekend?  I am back to 900-some unread posts on my Reader, and I'm trying to get through them - slowly but surely.  I'm finally back to normal this week - no traveling! - so you'll start hearing from me again soon!  

6 comments:

Michelle said...

So lovely to hear you had a great weekend. It's morning here in Sydney and your pancake description just made my morning porridge seem as dull as it is!

Brittany Ann said...

I'm sorry you're still sick! Feel better soon!

Lucy Marie said...

It sounds like a fun weekend but I'm sorry to hear you are sick. Feel better soon!

Lucky in Love said...

So glad you had a nice weekend! It sounds very relaxing!

Sorry to hear that you are sickly! Take care of yourself girl! Hope you're feeling better soon. Drugs are good :)

Erin said...

I'm still coughing,too! And now it's been a week since I've gone running :-( My girlfriend is a doctor and she said it's taking her patients 2 weeks to get over this stuff...

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Glad to hear that you had a great time!