Thursday, June 4, 2009

Uh oh

My reader is over 1000 unread posts again.  Oh dear.  I'm not sure I'll recover from this one...especially considering that Matt and I are leaving AGAIN tomorrow morning to go out of town, this time to Nashville to visit Jenn and Ryan!  Very exciting.  Of course, I feel as though we've barely been home.  This week has been a whirlwind, especially considering the fact that we didn't get back from Michigan until late Monday evening.  

Yesterday was hellish...I had to work a golf scramble for the Chamber.  Blech.  I arrived at 6:30am only to sit around and do NOTHING until around 11:30.  At 11:30, my coworkers and I checked the golfers' wristbands for lunch until around 12:15.  Then, we sat around and DID NOTHING ALL DAY until we were FINALLY told we could leave at 6:30pm.  That's right, my friends...I was there for twelve hours but only did about 45 minutes worth of work.

I certainly don't mind working for twelve hours if there's actually something to do.  But yesterday seemed ridiculous.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that we won't have to work this next year.  Please.  Please please please.

In other news...to answer your question, NO, the Indiana boys driving around town shirtless on their mopeds ARE NOT ATTRACTIVE IN THE LEAST.  Well, unless you're into that whole toothless, hillbilly, crazily tattooed, mullet look.  If you're into that sort of thing, I highly recommend moving to South Central Indiana STAT.

I also got the most fabulous pedicure over the weekend!  My toes are now hot Barbie pink, courtesy of the Essie polish color "Flirty Fuschia."  I highly recommend!  Every time I look at my toes, I'm happy!

Well, time to get some work done today.  I have a monthly spreadsheet I need to finish for May, and some office tidying to do.  You probably won't hear from me again until next week...so, everyone have a fabulous weekend!  I'll be back to normal next week, I promise!

3 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Hope you have a great time on your trip!

Lucky in Love said...

I've been missing you!

I hope you have a fabulous time on your trip. My hubs and I just booked our trip to Nashville this week! My cousin is getting married there. Let me know some sightseeing ideas when you get back!

Anonymous said...

I missed you! Have a great time this weekend - I look forward to your regular posts next week! :)