Wednesday, June 10, 2009

An Open Letter to Neutrogena

Dear Neutrogena,

Thank you so much for making a fabulous active-wear sunscreen for those in need of SPF 1000+.  I was at first hesitant to pay over $10 for your Ultimate Sport spray-on sunscreen SPF 70+.  However, going on one too many runs with sticky streams of sunscreen running down my body convinced me that it was time to pull out the big guns.  

I applied it generously last night before heading out with my running group, and I must say that it performed spectacularly.  However, one tiny little pesky question remains:  how in the hell do I get it off of my skin?

Imagine my surprise when, after not one but TWO scrubs in the shower, my skin was still saturated in Ultimate Sport.  Even this morning, after yet another shower and another scrub, I can still feel it on my skin.  

The good thing is that I know it does its job.  I have absolutely no worries about my sunscreen sweating off my body during a workout.  But - if you could kindly push me in the right direction as to strategies for washing this crazy stuff off (baby oil?  a brillo pad?), I would appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Shaina Still-Covered-In-Sunscreen Smith

5 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Ahhh yuck!!! Speaking of Neutrogena, have you tried their grapefruit face scrub? Oh my goodness that stuff rocks!

Brittany Ann said...

Why, oh why, is there no perfect answer? I hate these sunscreen situations. In order for it to actually do it's job, it literally shellacks itself to you, making you sticky and greasy and at least in my case, broken out! Ah! I feel you!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Yuck! I'm one of those SPF 1000+ types, and one currently using a difficult to remove Neutrogena product (Sensitive Skin sunscreen) as well. It's the only one that doesn't make my eyes burn, but I'm convinced that's because it is the consistency and stickiness of Elmer's Glue.

Good luck!

Michelle said...

haha I hope you're sending this letter off, I'm interested in what technique they'll suggest!

Maybe the trick is to do one of those things that inevitably leads to you getting burnt... Fall asleep in the sun or wear a top that will leave hideous tan lines (or burn lines).

All the best from someone who lives by the beach but can't tan.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love Neutrogena! It's so good to my face!