Friday, June 26, 2009

More grieving

No, this post is not about Michael Jackson.  
This evening, I lost somebody very close to me.  My oldest and dearest friend and her younger sister lost their mother.  My violin teacher lost his wife.  My parents lost one of their closest friends.  

I've been trying to write this post for a few hours, but to be honest, I'm not even sure what to say.  Lately, it seems as though there has been so much death.  *sigh*

Matt and I will be heading to Michigan on Sunday so that we can be there for the funeral and then sit shiva on Monday.  I am hoping that, after this, we can all get a reprieve from grieving for awhile...it's just too hard.

  

16 comments:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. Saying goodbye is never easy.

Mrs. Hibit said...

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I hope that your time in Michigan will bring you peace.

Erin said...

:-( So sorry. I know your friends and family will be comforted by your presence!

Pretty Personal Gifts said...

Sometimes it seems like you are under a falling star. Hang in there

d.a.r. said...

I am so, so, so sorry for your loss. I'm praying for you all.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you have a safe trip.

Dugout Daisy said...

My deepest sympathies... so sad. Have a safe trip and embrace the time you had with her.

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Have a safe trip. Ya'll are in my prayers.

Brittany Ann said...

I am so sorry for your loss! My heart is with you, dear friend!

jenn said...

i'm so sorry to hear that. :(

Perfectly Imperfect said...

oh hon.. I am so, so sorry to hear this. I'll be praying for all of you..

Wearing Mascara said...

Oh no :-( I'm so sorry my friend. Be safe!

kilax said...

I am so sorry, especially for your friends to lose their mother at such a young age. *hugs*

Abbie said...

I'm so sorry! My thoughts will be with you and her family.

Lucky in Love said...

So sorry to hear about this! Safe travels to you and hubs...

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Oh, no. I'm so very sorry for your loss.