Friday, June 26, 2009

An important shout out

Here's the thing:  Bed Bath and Beyond rocks.  I am sad to admit that out of my three registries (BBB, Crate and Barrel, and Williams-Sonoma), I was least excited about BBB.  Initially.  When we started receiving wedding gifts by the truckload, and then started into the repeated return phase, I realized how amazing BBB is.  You can return anything, at any time, with or without any proof of purchase/receipt/shipping invoice/what have you.  Without any questions.

As of late, I have been increasingly pissed off at our towels.  We received our towels at my first bridal shower, waaaaay back in September.  And I LOVED them.  Obviously.  I registered for them, and they looked so pretty and lovely and so much better than our random collection of hand-me-downs and nasty Army-issue tan sandpaper towels.

Now, almost ten months later, I HATE THEM.  Ten months of washing  towels, and they still come out of the dryer covered in lint.  And therefore, I get covered in lint post-shower.  Oh, and have I mentioned the layer of lint stuck to the bathroom wall?  And have I mentioned the fact that our towels are navy blue?  

Yeah.  Not cool.  So, today, I washed them all up, packed them in a bag, and went to BBB.  I explained that I have had the towels for ten months, and they are still linting everywhere.  I also said that they were purchased off of my registry, and oh, have I mentioned how much I love BBB?  I asked if there was any way I could exchange them for some non-linty towels.  The nice college girl working there said, no problem!  Why don't you go pick out some new towels!

I was both thrilled and stunned.  Returning something I have used for 10 months?  Something tells me that not all stores are quite that generous.  I went and picked out new towels and returned to the customer care area.  Or whatever it's called.  She rang them up and then went through the process of going through my old towels to find them on my registry.  After scanning them all in, she told me that my old linty towels are currently on sale, so she had to go back and individually change the price of each towel back to the original, higher price that they were purchased at.  

In the end, I got my lovely new towels - which were cheaper.  SO I now have a $20 store credit!

Moral of the story:  BBB's customer service is second to none, I'm convinced.  If you are a bride-to-be, I strongly urge you to register there!  You won't regret it.  

Oh, and my new towels?  They're about to come out of the dryer, and I'm 99% positive they'll be linty-free.  After spending all morning deep-cleaning the bathroom to get the lint out of each and every crevice, I cannot wait to use the new ones!

10 comments:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

I totally agree! BBB was also wonderful when we registered. I tried to do it alone at first, but was overwhelmed. A nice lady helped me the next time and literally walked me through the entire store, gave us water, and stayed after closing. She helped me think about things that never would have crossed my mind. I love that place!

Lucy Marie said...

Wow! That is incredible customer service. You are right, most stores would not be understanding of that situation. We don't have that store in Canada but I love shopping there when I'm in the states.

bianca said...

I'm SOO excited to hear this!!! My fiance made us register at BBB and I was less than thrilled...but to hear that they have such amazing customer service makes me really glad that we did!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Wow! I'm the worst at returning stuff - unless it's brand spanking new, with tags, I just assume no one will take it back. Good to know that customer service is still alive (in some places)!

Sherrie said...

I am looking to get new towels. What brand were the horrible linty towels (so I don't go out and buy them)?

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I never return stuff because I can't deal with snarky customer service people. I had one horrible experience at BBB but every other time I go there it's not so bad. Glad you had a good experience!

jlc said...

I'm so the same as you!!!


And so glad i found your blog!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Wow! That is nice! They sound very generous! I might have to register there for when Matt and I start doing that stuff. I know for sure I'm registering at Crate and Barrel because I've already looked at all their kitchen ware lol

Anonymous said...

I had nt idea that their return policy was so amazing! I will definitely have to keep that in mind!! :)

Lucky in Love said...

That is so awesome! I returned a few things there as well...and they gave me CASH! I know. It was awesome :)