Thursday, June 11, 2009

Scary...

Well, I'm awake at 3am thanks to what is officially the scariest thunder/lightning storm of my life.  I am amazed that we still have power.  Matt, of course, is sound asleep (I have no idea how!) and Oscar is glued to the window, mere inches from the action.  Aren't dogs supposed to be scared of loud, bright, crazy thunderstorms?  I rushed into the living room and turned on the TV (why did we watch that Storm Stories about tornadoes the other day???!), convinced I would see some urgent news about how a tornado is barreling through Bloomington, and that we should be cowering in our bathroom.

Instead, the first channel I turned on had a completely naked woman on there.  Please note that I have basic cable.  Apparently at 3am on basic cable they show naked people??  News to me.  After channel surfing on mute, I have decided that I am currently in no danger of being swept away in a big funnel a la the poor lady with her baby on Storm Stories.  Instead, a small "tornado watch" logo in the top right or bottom left hand corner of every local station has convinced me that I will probably be a-okay.  And, as I have been sitting here nervously channel flipping/blogging, the lightening has subsided as well.

Further proof that blogging saves lives.  Back to bed.

6 comments:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

You should see German late night TV. Ew.

Anonymous said...

Basic cable gets smut? That's new to me! At least it was 3am and hopefully no kids are being corrupted!

Hope you sleep well tonight!

Mrs. Hibit said...

I'm glad it calmed down before too long!

I used to get nervous when it stormed at night - but once I realized we live quite close to the city tornado siren, I've been able to rest a bit easier. There's no sleeping through that thing!

d.a.r. said...

Storms freak me out, too. Glad it calmed down and wasn't too bad!! 'Tis tornado season in the midwest!

Children of the 90s said...

We had a crazy storm last night too! The thunder was so loud it set off every car alarm in my apartment parking lot.

Lucky in Love said...

That amazes me that your doggy was not scared! My pup used to freak when she sensed a storm was even approaching!

And I had no idea about these naked people on tv late at night!?! On regular tv?? Not HBO? Huh.