Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm just not feeling it.

I don't know what it is, but I just haven't felt like blogging the last couple of days.  Blah.  I also haven't really felt like scrolling through the hundreds of unread posts on my Reader.  So, I've been slacking.  Please bear with me.  Don't be surprised when I comment on posts you wrote last week.  I'm sorry.  I'm just in a temporary blogging slump.

That being said...I feel like I have a ton to tell you.  Okay, maybe I don't.  Whatever.  I know you have probably been sitting at the edge of your seat with suspense, wondering whether or not I've been working out.  Oh, you haven't?  Hmmm.  

Well, for those of you who are burning to know, the answer is YES!  I got back from Charlotte Monday evening, and on Tuesday I woke up and...didn't do the Shred.  I know, I know.  Bad girl.  But I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep in.  That turned out to be okay, though, because I went to my running group session that evening and it was killer!  Between the 90+ degree heat and the hills, I was exhausted.  And sweaty.

Yesterday morning, I woke up and started Level Two of the Shred!  And yeah, it totally sucked.  But I am so happy to be doing something DIFFERENT!  I Shredded again this morning and could do more of the crazy pushups/jumping things.  You know what I'm talking about.  

I have been at a conference all week for "Youth Serving Professionals."  I find this title cumbersome.  Usually we are referred to as "youth service workers."  Somehow, that sounds better...?  I don't know.  Overall, the conference was boring.  It was disorganized, repetitive, and just plain blah.  The highlight was today's afternoon session, when I learned a ton about psychotropic medications for children and adolescents.  That stuff really interests me.  

So, now it's the weekend!  I plan on sleeping in tomorrow, cleaning...everything, hitting up the library, and...well, that's about it probably.  Oh, and Shredding, naturally.  

Oh, and I think this would be a good time to share that I, too, have jumped on the Apple Cider Vinegar bandwagon.  I started last night, drinking 2 teaspoons of ACV in a large glass of icy cold water.  I do not like it at all, but I gulp it down kinda fast and try to not imagine I'm drinking salad dressing.  Whew.  I'll keep you updated!

Anyone have any good weekend plans?  

8 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I just ordered the Shred dvd...ekkkkk

Lisa said...

There's an apple cider vinegar bandwagon? wtf?

Erin said...

ACV definitely tastes like salad dressing - but I love sour stuff, so it doesn't bother me...too much. Someday I hope to work up the courage to hop on the Shred bandwagon!

Wearing Mascara said...

I hear ya girl. I was like this all last week - a blogging slump. Blogging should be pleasurable so if you don't want to don't. We'll still be here when you want to though :-) xoxo

Jennifer said...

What is this apple cider vinegar thing?

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

I'm with ya on the slump. I just haven't felt up to it. Maybe it's the heat...

kilax said...

I get in slumps like that too - where I am just annoyed by all of the posts in my reader and avoid them ;) It's no biggie!

So, what do you think about running in this heat?! CRAZY!!!

No big weekend plans for us, as usual... we are having dinner with friends.

Lucy Marie said...

I am missing something .. why are you drinking apple cider vinegar?