Friday, February 6, 2009

Headed out of town soon...

Happy Friday, everyone!  Am I the only one who is absolutely thrilled that the weekend is quickly approaching?  I think not.

I'm headed into my main office in a few to celebrate my birthday with my coworkers.  Should be fun!  Then, I'm hightailing it back to the apartment, and Mr. Smith and I will head out to my parents' house in Michigan.  It always takes us exactly 6 hours, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that today will be no exception.  Tomorrow, the parents, the husband and I will be checking out the DIA (Detroit Institute of Arts), which has recently been renovated.  I love the DIA - especially those amazing Diego Rivera murals! - and I haven't been in awhile.  Looking forward to it.

Tomorrow night, we'll be going to my dad's concert downtown, which should also be nice.  Oh, and in between our busy day of cultural activities, we'll be celebrating my birthday with the parents for the first time in several years, complete with one of my favorite Dad meals (shrimp etouffe, yum!) and Dad's famous, award winning chocolate cake.  YUM!!!!

On Sunday...we'll head back to Bloomington.  My actual birthday is Monday, the 9th (I'll be 27!) and don't THINK I won't blog about that!

Oh, and in other frustrating news - I didn't lose any weight this past week at my weigh-in last night.  I GAINED 0.8 pounds.  SO FRUSTRATING!  Grrrrr.

Have a splendid weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Beverly Lam said...

haha i think it's great you're doing WW after your wedding... :P good for you!

weight is such an iffy thing... scales can be inaccurate, and then it makes a huge difference what time of day you weigh yourself - morning or night, if you've gone to the bathroom or not, etc. etc... so don't get discouraged! :)

tootie said...

Yes, I'm so glad it's the weekend! And happy birthday!