Monday, February 9, 2009

My 27th year

Today is the day - my birthday. I am now 27! Each year, my new age seems SO OLD...and then looking back on past birthdays, I realize how silly that is. I remember when I thought that being 25 was SO OLD...and now it just seems so young.

I don't really have a problem with aging. Each year of my life seems to bring more and more joy...and I can only guess what the future years will bring!

So, on to the good stuff. I am celebrating my birthday at home today, with a cold. Yes, I'm still sick. Boo. Mr. Smith and I had a good time in Michigan with my parents this past weekend - we did manage to make it to the art museum despite the fact that I could barely breathe through my nose. So, that was fun.

Saturday night we had cake (yummmmmmmy!) and I opened presents from my parents yesterday. I received - yay!! - the rest of my everyday dishes from my registry. I cannot get a good photo off the Crate and Barrel website, but the dishes are stoneware in the Atoll Perle pattern. They are gorgeous, and sadly the pattern is discontinued. I have been a little stressed out thinking about getting everything now, because the dishes are expensive!!! So, that was exciting. Mom and Dad also gave me a framed wedding photograph and some tasty food items.

Mr. Smith gave me his present this morning:




Yippee! I have been wanting this on DVD for forever. Guess what Mr. Smith has to watch with me now tonight??? I'm sure he will be thrilled!!!

That's about it. We went out and got bagels for breakfast - delish treat! - and now he is studying for a test he has tomorrow. I am going through my google reader and then have to do some cleaning, which should be enjoyable. Mr. Smith is taking me out to dinner tonight at our new sushi spot, Japanee. I can't wait!

I hope that everyone had a great weekend!

4 comments:

Mojito Maven said...

Happy birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope the year brings much happiness and joy to you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog... and happy belated birthday! I hope you enjoyed Sex & the City; I'm already psyched for the sequel!

Abbie said...

Happy (late) birthday!