Friday, February 13, 2009

Random Friday thoughts

I'm hungry. It's not even 10am and I'm hungry. If I had my way, I'd eat lunch at 9:30. This is not right. I think the problem is that I eat breakfast at 6:45 and then I get hungry too early. Oh well. I'm trying to hold out until 11:30 and then I will devour my Smart Ones Sante Fe Rice and Beans, i.e. THE BEST FROZEN MEAL EVER.

Good news: after a visit to the Verizon store, the internet on my Blackberry works again. Now I realize that I never told you it had stopped working...but it did, last weekend, and seeing as how our internet doesn't work at HOME, not having internet on the bberry was kind of tortuous. Thank goodness I can check weather.com every morning again to plan my outfit!

I'm super excited that Mr. Smith and I are having weekend visitors - Jenn and Ryan are coming from Clarksville, TN. Yayayayay! We don't really have anything planned...besides cooking a nice Valentine's Day dinner tomorrow night. I have to go to the store today to buy all the other tasty stuff I'll make this weekend, like...chili, sloppy joes, guacamole, spinach dip, and a chevre-fig spread I found in a magazine somewhere. Yum.

I love my new kate spade shoes. I am wearing them today and I have already gotten two compliments on them - one by a coworker, and another by a student who felt that I planned and executed my outfit well. Thanks, girlie! I like it too.

It has been warm all week, but it's supposed to get cold again this weekend - back into the 30s, maybe with more snow. Sigh. I knew that 65 degree weather, in Indiana, in February, wouldn't last...but it was so so nice not having to wear a coat this week. So nice.

I'm really missing DC this week. Well, I'm really missing my DC friends. I'm planning a June trip out to Charlotte, NC to visit a friend who is having a baby in April...and I'm trying to figure out if I can "swing by" DC as well. I guess a lot of it depends on if I fly or drive, and also depends on whether or not Mr. Smith comes. It's a 9 and a half hour drive from Bloomington to Charlotte. A 7 hour drive from Charlotte to DC. And then about an 11 hour drive from DC back to Bloomington. That is A LOT of driving. Sigh. I'm just not sure if that's gonna work. But I sure am desperate to see everyone in DC.

I'm excited about the weekend not only because we're having visitors, but also because I get to sleep in! It's been really difficult for me to wake up this week, maybe because I'm still getting over my weekend cold episode. Maybe because Mr. Smith is such a good cuddler and that, along with our electric blanket, makes it so hard to get out of our comfy bed cocoon. I don't know.

Last night while Mr. Smith was at class, I planned on:
  • doing three loads of laundry
  • cleaning both bathrooms
  • vacuuming
  • straightening up the living room
  • working out

What I actually accomplished while Mr. Smith was at class:

  • did one load of laundry while simultaneously watching the First Wives Club
  • yes, you read that right, I watched the First Wives Club
  • took Oscar on a 10 minute walk

Oops. So today when I get home from work, I have to...

  • do two loads of laundry
  • clean both bathrooms
  • vacuum
  • squeeze in a jog if time

Oh yeah, and I forgot the most time consuming of all...GO TO THE GROCERY STORE.

Well, I don't have any more random thoughts for now...I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Happy Love Day!

6 comments:

Candice said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! It sounds like you have such a fun weekend planned. Hope you guys have a great time..and good luck with your task list today:)

Happy Valentine's!

Candice said...

Oh, and BTW. I love your blog header...it's adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love the Santa fe rice and beans tooo!!!

And I'm in the same boat as you - tons to do, little time! Good luck!

Hollie said...

i absolutely had to stop packing my lunch to take to work with me b/c i would always eat it at like 9 or 10 and then wouldn't have anything to eat for lunch or would end up buying something else!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Ha - the first thing I do every morning is check Weather.com for my outfit planning as well! I hope that you had a great weekend & that everything went smoothly for you!

Jackie said...

Thanks for the info on mani/pedi's. I will definitely check it out!

I also am starving by like 9:30 because I eat breakfast so early too. School schedules are not conducive to normal eating times!