Thursday, February 19, 2009

Things I hate...

Throwing up in public.

Yesterday, I got one of the worst migraines I've had in years. It was kind of lingering in the background much of the day, and I thought it would just kind of fade away. When I got to a work meeting, the migraine basically punched me in the face, and I decided I absolutely had to go home.

First, of course, I had to stop at CVS because I recently ran out of my special super-duper migraine meds. On the way over, I became super-nauseous (one of my wonderful migraine symptoms). I was literally driving with my hand clamped over my mouth. Awesome. I ran into CVS, stood patiently outside the bathroom for 30 seconds until a 6 year old was done washing her hands, and then...yeah. I threw up in the CVS bathroom. NOT COOL, people, not cool. I won't go into the details, because, it wasn't pretty.

Thankfully I managed to get my prescription and rush home before the next wave of nausea started. Then...I changed into my pj pants, crawled into bed, and slept for about 2 hours. At around 5, I woke up, ate some chips (why is it that I have a SERIOUS salt craving post-migraine/vomit?), made a tiny dinner consisting only of pasta, then curled up on the couch under my favorite blanket. I just decided to close my eyes for a minute...and woke up at 9:30. At which point I decided it was bedtime, and I crawled into bed. I woke up this morning at 6:30.

I feel much better now. Who wouldn't after 15.5 hours of sleep???

4 comments:

jenn said...

oh, no!! remember when i told you that we lead parallel lives - we totally do. i had a migraine yesterday but i was able to stop it with my "super duper migraine meds" before it got too bad. people who don't understand migraines just dont get it. how completely AWFUL and totally life-ending they are. i'm glad you feel better today!!

Beverly Lam said...

aww... hope you feel better. at least you were able to hold it until you got inside! :)

Dugout Daisy said...

I definitely know how you feel. I left work early on friday and ended up throwing up on the side of the freeway, in the rain, in traffic... not fun at all.
feel better soon!!!

:)

katie said...

try throwing up in the shrubbery in front of your bank... yeah... real cool.